Monday, June 22, 2009

Bubble

You know, I never really paid heed to people saying that Provo is a bubble. I never thought about it that much and didn't think I saw it. Probably because my last ward was older and there were a few I hung out with that paid attention to such things. But now... Now I think I see things differently. All today, any comment I make about Iran people wonder what's going on. My roommates only know what's vaguely happening in Iran because I've had CNN and Fox on to see if they're saying something new that I hadn't read from twitter or a news blog.

And so I see it. We live in a bubble. There's no other explanation for it. I mean those at BYU are all intelligent individuals right, so what's with the lack of not knowing what is going on? It's just frustrating to me because we have so many utilities at our disposal to know what is going on, but it seems none of us use them!

Sigh... I'm off to bed. That's my rant for now. I wrote a letter to editor of the Daily Universe about it, so watch for that when it's published. I mean obviously the relevance of scouting is so much more important than, I dunno, people fighting for their lives and freedom! I mean seriously, all that the Daily Universe has thus written shown anything about it is two small clips from the Associated Press and a political cartoon. Nothing else mentioned. It's sad.

But I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: