Friday, March 6, 2009

To Buy or Not to Buy...

You know, I watch CNN from time to time, and am always amused at how they seem to place the DOW as the sole indicator of how the economy is doing (I think it is more of a public perception of how the economy is doing) and who seems to be slipping.

Now it has come to my attention that Citibank shares are now going for about a dollar a piece. Sure it's down low, but I've been thinking of buying about $10 worth of shares in them with this reasoning; if they go under, I only lose $10, but if they start gaining some ground again in the next couple of year, well it may pay off.

Sure it sounds dumb and may be a risky investment, but the government now owns 40% of the Citibank stock, and I doubt if it will fail anytime soon. (And if it does, then we as the tax payer lose more)

So yeah, I will probably buy some stock in them. Let me all know what you think.

1 comment:

Green Giant said...

that's probably not a bad idea. i should find some stock to buy in.