Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Missionary Wednesday

Hello you all,

At the transfer meeting Thursday I found out it wasn’t all talk about me being the most coveted companion in the mission. I had a bunch of people come up to me and tell me how after Elder J. and Elder S. go home they will come to Cicero and be my next companion. It will be very interesting to see if any of the people who talked to me will actually be my next companion.

This week while tracting we came across a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses, they said they crossed the street just to talk to us, which is funny because normally they cross the street just to avoid us. (Editors Note: And then leaves us hanging about what happened afterward) Friday was pretty much a waste of time. The AP's called us and told us they would need some help closing down some areas. They told us to wait for their call but when they called us they told us they no longer needed our help, that was our main plan for the day, we couldn’t do anything entirely productive because we were waiting for them to call us, and by the time they did it was too late to do any other work.

We worked hard Monday to make up for doing little work the rest of transfer week. Tuesday, at District Meeting and in the President's interview, President R. told me to get to know every street and every inch of my area and to work my two companions hard before they go home. Hopefully this means that even though some areas are shutting down, Cicero will stay open. Everyone else thinks the last part about working my companions means I’m becoming senior companion next transfer, but we’ll see about that. All the elders just love to mess with my head out here. They keep insisting that Elder J. will get be transferred due to some emergency in another part of the misison in his last four days the way Elder S. was. I don’t buy into that for one second, but I know from first hand experience just how possible emergency changes are. I pray a lot that none of my companions ever get emergency transferred ever again.

That’s about it for this week, hope you all have a blast!

Elder Fields.

No comments: