Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Prodigal Roommate

I live in a apartment with three rooms, two shared and one private. All four of us in the shared rooms have been here for a few weeks now, and the roommate who has the private room has been here for the summer. Only for the past month or so he's been out of town, until now.

Up until now I have got along with my roommates, even the one with the knives and homicidal tendencies. But I think it is safe to say that I may just live in the most awkward college apartment in Provo. You see, the new roommate, Diego, is old. Not thirties old, but in upper forties or early fifties old, as in has children at least my age old, as in divorced since 1989 old, as in old enough to be my dad old. He's getting his masters degree in law, and although he's seems to be a good guy, this is probably the most awkward situation that I have been in. I guess that means I have a standard now to measure up against?

Anyways, this day was good. The cougars won, so that is an added bonus. Only regrets was not going to walmart to hang with a pair of friends, rather than have my brain melt watching something completely inane.

No comments: