Monday, August 18, 2008

The great great grandpappy

So yesterday I was looking into my family history, and I found out my great great grandfather died during the civil war as a confederate soldier. I also found an old will of an older ancestor, confirming that my family most likely owned slaves. (A plantation in South Carolina near 1700, yeah, the means they had slaves right)
My family on my dads side also appears to be some of the first inhabitants of Jamestown, well 20 years after the John Smith/Pocahontas/Rolfe and tobacco discovery, they arrived in 1633.

My mom's side? I'm not too sure. I know one line joined the church around 1833 or so, and that I have a family member who was the only guy to die constructing the temple (maybe I can get some movie rights?) but beyond that, I don't know.

But to sum things up, the family on my dad's side are probably all southern hillbillies (which may not be true, I don't know anyone beyond my aunts and uncles who live in Utah, so I don't know my grandma's siblings or their descendants that still live in Mississippi) and my mom's side are clumsy Utahns. :P
More details forthcoming.

And I am pretty sure I had something else to say, but I don't remember what.

No comments: