Thursday, April 9, 2009

Twonce Upon A Time

Maybe I am doing things wrong. If a girl likes you and you don't reciprocate that feeling, do you avoid them or keep being friends with them ignoring that when they look at you, it is more than a random glance? I used to think that the correct answer is try and be friends, because back when I crushed on girls in high school and after the mission, generally if I told them I liked them, they withdrew and avoided me. I think and thought it was silly and that such awkwardness could be avoided. Now I'm not sure. I thought the correct thing would be do unto others as they do unto you, that as I would have preferred that those girls not stop being friends with me that I should try and be friends with someone if that situation were to occur. But now I'm not sure.

Because if up to me, I'd say be friends. Awkward moments come and go and are normal. But when the idiocy that is inherent in my man-blood roars and other things happen, well it seems that maintaining the friendship causes pain if other avenues of dating occur.

So be friends and eventually cause pain again, or go separate ways? Choices choices.

2 comments:

~~~~ said...

The solution, of course, is to start dating someone and make it VERY conspicuous! You're welcome.

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

Let's just say that won't solve anything on her end...