Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pickup Lines from a Missionary?!

This week has been particularly busy. I had a few tests at the beginning of the week and a lot of homework, not to mention a computer lab where I had to deal with low level programming. I think I am getting it...

Anwyas, Elder Fields is now in Chicago so we'll probably hear back from him on Monday now. He did send a final MTC letter though, with some interesting advice.
First off, just to give an idea of Elder Fields, is that he is funny, like stand up comedy, cool voices kind of funny. He's also, despite my attempts, gone on a date. He's just never been interested in going out and has always maintained his standard of not dating until he gets off the mission. It's not like he doesn't like girls, he just doesn't like any girl in specific. So unlike me where I like to go out, Elder Fields just hasn't cared. I tell you all this so you can know the depths to which I have fallen in receiving pick up line advice from him, from the MTC.

So he writes:
You know how in the MTC people are always taking pictures of each other. Well, my district was talking to some Sisters who had cameras. One of the Sisters asked if I wanted to be in a picture with them. I don’t know what possessed me to do this but when they asked me, I leaned myself around a pole and said in a really flirtatious way: “The question is, Sisters do you want to be in a picture of me.” I don’t know if it was the line, but later that week we passed by these same Sisters. They smiled and waved in a very flirty way directly at me. They greeted only me in the same flirty way.


So, *ahem* if I ever try that out, I only do it because it seemed to work for him. Especially since the sisters wanted to give him their mission addresses. I think that if I am not married by the time he gets back, that he will be married before me, since it seems that everything comes so naturally to him.

Anyways, I would like to end with one of the ending paragraphs of what Elder Fields wrote in his last letter;
I’ve grown so much looking back at these last 3 weeks. I expect to grow a lot more by the end of my mission. When I first entered the MTC, I honestly, did not think I could progress as far as I have. I am confident that I will continue to be able to. I never thought it possible that I could teach the gospel to anyone. Now I know I can. Tomorrow I leave for Chicago and find out what the mission is like beyond the MTC. I just hope I can handle anything that comes my way.


I hope you all have a great weekend, a great General Conference weekend. Cya all later!

No comments: