Friday, March 19, 2010

That One Health Care Bill.

First off, I don't know much about the health care bill, I don't know what it all entails. I do support such legislation that eliminates pre-existing conditions when it comes to paying for health care. I am not sure where I stand on a public option, at the very least I do not think it can be afforded at the moment.

But there is at least one deal breaker that I think is dumb and qualifies the legislation to not be passed. H.R. 3590 section 5000A: REQUIREMENT TO MAINTAIN MINIMUM ESSENTIAL COVERAGE.

You heard me, we will be mandated to have health insurance. We will have to tell the IRS and if we do not have health insurance, then we will be penalized at least $750 or so.

We should not have to be forced to have insurance. The government has no right to force us to obtain insurance. If someone who can afford insurance does not get insurance and gets sick and has to foot a large bill, that is their decision and they have to live by the consequences. And if someone cannot afford insurance, well that is what the health care bill should be for. So it is affordable. Not to be charged for it.

That is my opinion on things, and I do not think it should be passed. Do what republicans suggest and build it up again from scratch, or build a new bill out of pieces of this bill, but with this and other questionable sections of the bill, the bill should not be passed.

2 comments:

Kell said...

Hurray for someone who actually agrees with my opinion on this bill.

Vanessa said...

I think it is completely ridiculous that this bill passed. Seriously, fining someone who choses not to have health care is absurd.