Monday, February 2, 2009

The Great Roller Coaster

Last night I got into my car, feeling strangely happy, enjoying life overall. But reality hit today and I realized again that said happiness is causing another to be unhappy, and that there was nothing that I can do to fix it. Well, not without making another miserable and maybe myself included.

I would like to be able to do something, anything really, but I am not sure what can be done. Of course on some level I am to blame, I could and should have done things differently, but there is no point in dwelling on that too much, as it will do no good. What has happened, has happened.

Just what pains me that because of certain choices made, a good friend is now unhappy. But what makes it complicated is that the choice I made not only has made me happy, but another as well. So going back on that choice is not a fair option for her, nor is entirely fair for me.

All I can really do is offer counsel and advice, which isn't much considering her pain and remorse comes from the decision I made. Even if something were to happen to nullify the choice I made, I couldn't exactly make a decision that favors her, cause though it would be to help her be happy, it would only be a short term thing and wouldn't be a permanent solution. In fact it would most likely cause her more pain than she feels now.

So what can I do? There isn't much that I can do on a realistic level.

Oh well. Here's hoping I can find a time-machine to prevent me from being an idiot.

Or... another solution would be to set her up on some dates... maybe Great Grandfather might be willing... (No, he's not anyone's great grandfather in case you are wondering)

I guess that is the only thing I can do. Hopefully she accepts said proposition.

That may mean I may have to dedicate a blog post to her, so you all know how awesome she is. I may just do that. I will have to ask permission first.

No comments: